Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Monday with Keas and a race to beat the rain radar

Hi,

I left work a few minutes earlier than anticipated as Mike had sent me the approaching rain radar and a massive rain front was bearing down on Wellington.  I opened the link, and read Mike's warning that said the rain was coming from Nelson.  And I quickly saw a wee wisp of cloud somewhere near Kapiti and almost scoffed.  Almost.  Then the rain radar kicked in and showed me the approaching rain from Nelson, just as Mike had said.  It was huge.  Easily the size of the top of the South Island.  I rode like the wind to Keas.

Keas went well.  We made helicopters and kites.  And with the wind, they certainly flew!

Mike came and got me - thank goodness.  And then we ate yummy tea.  I think Mike should cook more often!

I wonder if Mum and Dad got the rental property they had applied for...?

More rain and Cubs tonight means we drove in.  How slack.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment