Monday, April 11, 2011

The weekend with DIY coming out our ears

Hi,

What a great weekend - busy in the end, but fun. Friday night we had dinner at Vivienne and John's place with Mike taxiing the takeaway Indian food direct to us from tow. Very funny. We chatted to Vivienne and John for a bit (and tried to convert each other to their own favourite music genres - to no avail).


Saturday morning Mike headed off for a haircut (and doesn't he look smart) and then I drove into town to shop at the supermarket right next to the hairdresser. I parked next to Mike and he found us in the supermarket.  Toby went with him for his swimming lesson and did well, and I bought lunch and picked up Sally and Andrew.  We were off to Epuni St to start taking off the wallpaper.  And what a job!  I haven't done much wallpaper removing (our house was easy in comparison to this), but from what Sally and Andrew said, finding two layers under the top layer was not what they wanted to find!
 
We steamed, and chatted to the neighbours that were having a good look at who we were and ate lunch.  The lounge is almost done - I guess.
 
Then home to receive the Sampson children for the sleepover.  Jessica and Chelsea in the first wave, followed by Brennan after his party.  Toby was in heaven with his favourite adopted family.  I think Mike and I hardly saw him.
 
Sunday I was up early to get lunch on, then back to bed.  We had the whanau lunch at our place and caught up with everyone.
 
I feel like I have forgotten heaps of what we did besides this.  I certainly feel like the weekend went by super-fast!
 
Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment