Monday, April 18, 2011

The weekend that went so fast I missed it

Hi,

What weekend?  I can't say I had a full two days off - it went so fast.  Maybe I missed Saturday?  Anyhow, Toby and I had a good Friday night cuddled up in bed watching a movie (Teen Wolf - the original - Toby was vaguely interested, but not completely taken with it).  We were fast asleep by the time Mike came home.

Saturday was the day I missed.  But we did do something.  Oh, now I remember.  Mike went and hired a trailer nice and early and the neighbour helped him take lots of renovation rubbish up to the street level and dumped it in the trailer.  Meanwhile I demolished the wall between the TV room and Toby's room and removed the noise batts and put them in the green room.  The noise batts are for the ceiling space in there (it will be Toby's room and you can hear the kitchen/dining noise very well without ceiling gib at the moment.

Mike finished putting a "door" into Toby's room because the door into the TV room is about to get blocked up with a new wardrobe.  It's very exciting but a little messy.  Three rooms are basically out of commission at the moment.

We went around to Sally and Andrew's place for the afternoon (Mike went to the tip out there) and stayed for tea.  Yummy tea!

Home to sleep and then up with more renovation work.  Then I escaped with Toby and we went to see Rio and followed that up with Yum Cha.  Rio was great fun - perhaps not as good as Ice Age (same makers) but it was worth seeing.  We had to wait about 20 minutes for a seat at Yum Cha and then I realised it was difficult without Mike.  I had to eat everything Toby couldn't eat.  Toby did do well though.  But there were quite a few dishes I had to pass on.

Home again and then we met Mike's parents at Epuni.  They arrived on the 4pm Bluebridge ferry.  A quick empty out of their van and then off to the Bichan family dinner.  Home to collapse into bed and up to start the week.

So there you have it.  No wonder I missed it,

Hope your weekend was a lot more memorable!  I know Karen had a ball at the Easter Show in Sydney.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment