Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Tuesday without Toby

Hi, 

Wee Toby is living the life of Reilly over in Nelson, where by all accounts the sun is shining (hard to believe from Wellington, gripped by the wettest weather in a long time and bearing the brunt of a strong southerly), he is eating like a horse, swimming in the heated pool and being a perfect companion for Jack.  Good on him.  Jack's mother seems to understand the need for frequent updates on their day.  Well, frequent updates for mothers, should I say.  She must know me well now.

I know they walked for four hours yesterday up part of the Heaphy Track, and then caught a wild, rollercoaster water taxi ride back.  The boys were whooping it up over each wave from what I could gather.  Then Motueka for some orchard pears where Toby distinguished himself in Jack's mother's eyes by consuming two big pears one after the other.  Toby is fond of pears.

I think today's plans involved Rabbit Island and a BBQ.  Let's hope the Nelson weather is significantly better than the Wellington weather.

Our plans involve sitting around moping about Toby's absence.   Naturally.  But in between we are busy.  Mike had the day off yesterday and Toby's room is emptied and almost sealed off from the rest of the house my black polythene plastic.  We have to remove a wall and stop dust entering the rest of the house.  The place is coming along.

I have put tea on already - slow cooker chicken.  Hope it turns out as well as Mike's last one.

I imagine my parents are settled in now and mostly unpacked.  Dad may even be contemplating a return to work.  Ooooh.  Ahhhh.

And Mike's parents are happily pottering around in Epuni.  I hope they are staying warm.

I think we're aiming for a night out on Friday.  Lewises, Gilberts, Bichans...  Whoever else.  Maybe Mexican.  Toby should be back for it!

Have a great day!  Stay dry!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment