Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The long weekend with Mike for most of it

Hi,

What a great weekend!  I can hardly remember anything beyond the agony of watching the most hideous rugby game ever!  I felt sick and ended up peering through my fingers from the kitchen at the television.  Sitting quietly on the couch was not an option!

It was good to have Mike at home.  Saturday was quiet and Sunday we drove up to Waikanae for lunch and a sleepover to watch the rugby.  Part of me now wishes I had watched it in the privacy of my own home as I didn't enjoy the game.  But the All Blacks did win - and it was an unusual win for the ABs.  They usually don't grind out a win like the northern hemisphere teams seem to be able to do.  They like to get out in front and defend a lead.

Monday we had a scrumptious breakfast at Chez Tabor.  Crepes!  Sacre blue!  They were very nice.  I think I ploughed through 4 of them (and possibly it might have been 5 - I lost count).

Tuesday Mike left for Sydney and the idea of a Tues/Wed/Thurs stint each week in Sydney has disappeared already and he is away until the end of next week now.  Oh well!

I'm hoping I can catch a glimpse of the All Black parade today!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment