Monday, October 3, 2011

The weekend with Mike!

Hi,

Toby and I had a quiet Friday and fell asleep dreaming of Mike's return.  He was a bit under the weather having had a couple of migraines but it was good to see him and I chatted for ages to him.  I wonder if he heard me?

Anyhow, up early Saturday for the trip out to Matiu/Somes and it was a very nice day.  I spent a lot of the day on the picnic table outside the DoC house enjoying the sunshine.  Mike had another migraine and spent most of the day in bed.  Poor man.

However, by the time I cooked dinner for everyone (thanks Sarah especially for your help) Mike had perked up and joined us.  As a possible indication of the meals I have been dishing up to Toby (our Friday night meal was only chicken satay sticks!), Toby piled broccoli on his plate until we had to stop him.  He ate a few meatballs and a bit of rice and then went back for more broccoli.  I like to think I have honed his appreciation of vegetables rather than neglecting his nutrition!

Some people saw penguins out and about, and tuatara.  So by the time we left on Sunday morning, people were pretty pleased with Mike's trip.

I met the Tabors in town and enjoyed lunch at Wagamama with them before they visited some (I think they wanted to see all of them) of the eleven naval vessels in port for the 75th anniversary.  Then home to get ready for the rugby - All Blacks v Canada.  John and Vivienne came around and we enjoyed a good game where Canada played entertaining rugby. 

Some chinese takeaways for tea and the night was done!  Phew.

Back to work this morning and it is none the worse for the wear at having an evacuation on Friday afternoon.  2pm I performed my first fire warden duties and then had a coffee with Sally.  Followed by a beer (ok - cranberry juice for me) with a work colleague.  Then home on the bus to get Toby wondering if the diesel spill into the building was going to write off my bike parked in the basement.  No such luck!  Heheheh.

Have a great week.  Mike is back at work in Wellington today, and off to Sydney tomorrow morning again for two more weeks.  Should be the last two week stint!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment