Friday, October 21, 2011

The Thursday with a team dinner and babysitting for Toby

Hi,

What a lovely morning - Mike is here!  Yay!  We have a start from home this morning because it is interview time at Scots College for Toby for next year.  Ooooooo.  Very exciting.  So I have started work already and will work late to make up for the time taken out for the interview.

Mike is tired after getting in close to 1am last night.  Poor chap!  But it is very nice to see him again.

Yesterday Toby was sick and we went to the doctors in the afternoon.  Toby has had a rash for over a week now and I was expecting it to only last a day or two.  But as he had no other symptoms I pretty much ignored it (apart from having a look at it).  But yesterday he was fragile in the morning and I decided it was best to see the doctor to rule out meningitis and measles (both going around in NZ).

The doctor immediately ruled out meningitis I noticed.  Then checked Toby's immunisation schedule and saw he was up-to-date.  But the rash stumped him.  He even got another colleague to come in and examine Toby.  between the two of them they declared it was "highly unlikely" to be measles and was instead a "non specified viral rash".  And probably no longer contagious (apparently that might have been last week - oh dear).

So, as Toby was declared not a health risk, Benjamin came in to babysit and I went out for dinner with my team at work.  We went to Leuven (corner Featherston and Johnston) and I had some nice steamed mussels.  Others were disappointed in their meals, but I was pleased.

Friday today!  Yay!  A big four day weekend for me and Toby (Monday is a public holiday and Tuesday is a teacher only day).  And the Rugby World Cup final.  I can't wait.  I am so excited.

Have a great weekend.  Go the All Blacks.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment