Monday, October 31, 2011

The weekend with no Mike and even no Toby at one stage

Hi,

What a weekend!  Let's see...  Friday night Christine and John picked up Toby and I went there after getting changed and we had dinner.  Saturday morning Toby and I went off to swimming and then came home to wait to be collected for Yum Cha.

And waited.

Ok.  So, turns out perhaps I should have reminded someone to collect us.  Silly me.  Toby and I hopped into the wee green car and hurtled into town to meet everyone for Yum Cha.  This was the first time we'd tried the Majestic Cuisine on Courtney Place and it certainly was very nice.  I think I need to try it again when I am slightly less cross so I can enjoy it.

After Yum Cha we all went our separate ways.  Josh and Rex took their boys to Laser Strike.  John took Toby and Jack to the library and Charm drove Aidan and I around a few blocks while Aidan tried to find a clothes shop she was keen on.  Then we jumped out (Charm thinks we're mad now probably) and Aidan and I went to collect Toby.  But then he got delivered into town so now I had three people in the two seater car.  Aidan leapt out and wandered around town for almost an hour while I took Toby to his party and sleepover.

I eventually found Aidan again and we stopped for a cup of tea at the Bordeaux Bakery on Thorndon Quay.  It was almost shut so we got tea to go and found Christine's car right next to ours.  So we all went to the roly-poly park and drank tea and chatted.  Then decided to go to a movie together rather than the Jane Eyre session at the Waikanae cinema.

We went to see "Midnight in Paris" and it did ok.  Christine got to see Paris from the comfort of Courtney Place.  Afterwards Christine took us the The Library (a bar upstairs with loads of books) and we ate escargot.  Pretty funny.

I drove Aidan home and we only got wet at Waikanae when we had to stop for a train and it started raining.  They should so move to Wellington - we didn't get wet there!

Sunday I planted out lettuces (ta Sally) in the morning then collected Toby.  I tried to fix Toby's old black DS (it doesn't charge) but failed.  It was fun pulling it apart though.

We had a leisurely Sunday and then went out for dinner to the Bichan family dinner.  Home via the supermarket to stock up on lollies for Halloween today (Toby is so excited). 

Tonight I'll rush home and get Toby into his costume and go trick or treating with Jack.  I hope the costume works.  We finished it this morning and Toby looked in the mirror and said "I like it".  Thank goodness for that and thank goodness for finding old gardening sacks that wash up well and can be made into a costume in 5 minutes!

Mike had the weekend with the Kittos in Sydney and sounds like he'll need today to recover from the social whirlwind.  We see him on Friday this week!  Yay.  And we're off tramping to Paua Hut.  Should be loads of fun!

Enjoy your week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment