Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

It was Mike's father's birthday yesterday and we got to say happy birthday to him (briefly) when he came to pick up Mike's mother from our house.  With Alex's grandmother off unexpectedly early to China, Mike's mother is doing the Toby/Alex pickup.  Thank goodness!  Hopefully next term we get Kevin in (a previous Skids carer) to do the pickups! 

I rode home yesterday in lovely conditions, except I forgot my bike shoes with cleats.  I had to ride in sneakers and I don't enjoy it with the little pedals.  So it was a slow ride up the hill.  But I did still beat Mike home.  He took the bus.  I thought he'd romp in.  Perhaps he was a little late leaving work compared to me, but only by a few minutes.  And I beat him home by that much.

Tonight is the last Cub night for the term.  Mike is at a work function (go Mike!) and we're doing three activities and investing a leader and some Cubs.  My goodness.  It'll be all go, go, go!  Egg decorating, truffle making and Easter egg hunting.  Let me guess what will generate the most excitement?

The ride in was great this morning - back to full daylight!  At least for a few weeks before the winter sun means dark mornings again...  And if I work late - dark rides home.  My speedo is reading zero for a lot of the time at the moment.  I need to fix that.  It is slightly disconcerting to be hurtling down the hill, tyres whirring, eyes streaming, to glance down and see you're doing 0 km/hr.  Hahahah.  Must ride faster.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment