Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Wednesday with ANZAC Day

Hi,

How nice to get a day off in the middle of the week, despite the slightly discombobulating feel of it all.  Is it Monday now?  Hahahah.

I woke up at 4.45am yesterday and went into town for the dawn service.  Jack's Dad, John, decided to come along as well so I was outside his house at 5.10am tooting the horn for him to come to the car.  No - I am joking.  A quiet text to let him know I was there was all that was necessary.

Despite being close to twenty minutes before the kick off we were hard pressed to find a good viewing place.  We were to the side of the cenotaph and could see the back of the band really well.  But it was a lovely service and I am glad I went.

Back home and tried desperately to convince the boys that they really did want to leave the house and have a picnic somewhere on such a nice day.  To no avail.  So I read.  Mike cooked breakfast and the day disappeared in laziness.  Not too bad, really.  Toby went to play with Alex in the afternoon.

And now we have two days left in the week.  Despite the feeling of Monday-itis I have.  Have a wonderful short week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment