Monday, April 23, 2012

The weekend with no Mike

Hi,

What an action packed weekend.  Mike is still away in Brisbane (due back midnight tonight) so Toby and I had a lot of fun together.  First up - a haircut for Toby.  Yay!  He needed it.  Alex joined us (and played DS while the haircut was taking place) then we met Sally and Andrew for Armageddon.  Toby has been looking forward to this for ages.

Armageddon was heaving and quite possibly something I should have attended when I was twenty years old.  I'm not too sure I appreciated it quite as much chasing Toby and Alex around.  Sally and Andrew were done in thirty minutes.

After they left, we watched an episode of Justice League of America on a big screen on stage 1 and then we went back into the hall where I was surprised to discover hoards more young kids were out in force.  I could hardly move.  I convinced the boys it was a good time for lunch and we escaped to Chicago next door.

Back into the fray once more but only for a short time.  We called Yingjie at 2.15pm to collect us.  I am glad we went.  But I am also glad it is on every two years!  Recovery time.

Home for a playdate with Toby and Alex and then Toby went to Jack's birthday party.  A movie night at Jack's house.  I got an invitation to John and Christine's place and had yummy roast beef.  I watched an episode of Game of Thrones with Christine and I rather suspect Mike will enjoy the series.  Collected Toby and fell into bed!

Sunday we were up early-ish.  I made pancakes for Toby and he was very happy about that.  I dropped Toby off at Sally and Andrew's place and had two hours of tramping club van training.  The day was glorious.

Back for lunch and then shopping for DVDs (Toby's birthday voucher) and groceries and home. 

Today is the first day of term 2 and we have a nanny starting today.  Kevin will collect the boys at 4pm and bring them home.  Feed them and make sure their homework gets done and have a bit of fun.  I hope it works out well.

Enjoy the week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment