Monday, April 16, 2012

The weekend with tramping for Mike and no alone time for me

Hi,

Well, my weekend (cunningly engineered by me) to myself came to naught when Toby kicked up a fuss at going tramping on Saturday morning.  He is usually fine but I guess the thought of me staying home doing not-very-much meant he focussed on that rather than tramping with his dad.  Mike got pretty cross at this (understandably) and went off to have a good time despite the poor beginning.

Meanwhile, Toby and I tidied the house (oooo - I bet Toby never realised the fun he was in for), and tidied, and tidied.  Heheheh.  I did head into town mid afternoon though as I had arranged a movie date with Sally, Vivienne and Christine.  And now Toby too.  Luckily it was a movie vaguely suitable for Toby.  I finally got to see The Hunger Games and I thought they did very well with the book.  The tweaks from the book plot weren't too difficult to overlook and it was done very well.  Hopefully the success of this movie means they will make the others in the series (it's a trilogy).

Toby and I then went to Joe's Garage for dinner after the movie.  I have been hanging out for an iced coffee there for weeks now.  It was great.  I had chicken caesar salad (with anchovies - of course I want the optional anchovies!) and Toby had a chicken burger.

Back home to bed and up on Sunday at 10am!  Woo hoo!  We know how to sleep in.  Forget I woke at 5.30am - I did go back to sleep so it was all okay.  Read for most of the day and then off to Sally and Andrew's place for tea.  Mike arrived with Andrew and Benjamin and they had a good time tramping.

Tonight I am off to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" with Aidan and Jackie in Waikanae.  I drove in for a quick getaway.  Here's hoping traffic is okay.  I'll collect Josh (the babysitter) from his work on the way.  Well, that is the plan.

Other plans seem a bit more fluid.  Apparently Sampson children will be at our house today and tomorrow.  It sounds as though their parents are driving things up to Auckland and back in preparation for renting out their house as it hasn't sold yet.  I think one of Mike's parents might arrive to nominally supervise.  I hope it all sorts itself out.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment