Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Tuesday with no water skiing

Hi,

It was Toby's last day of summer school holidays.  This morning (Wed) he seemed very happy to be getting ready for school.  He has a male teacher this year - first time ever.  Mr Wilson.  Hopefully Toby does very well in his last year in Prep school.

Yesterday evening (Tues) we were all supposed to meet after work (Toby in town, Mike finishing work, me running late with a training session overrun) and drive to Evans Bay to meet Kara for some water skiing.  The evening was perfect, but half of Wellington also thought the beach was a great idea.  Mike and Toby sensibly went home to prepare for school the next day and I went to meet Kara.  Turns out she had a crook neck and water skiing was off.  But I went for a cup of tea to her place and caught up on loads of news.

Back home to get ready for bed.  Slept for the second night in a row with the French doors in our room wide open.  As an indicator of the sheer marvel that this represents, our doors have no catch on them to keep them open.  Any breeze and they slam shut.  They have been opened two nights in a row and exactly in the same position in the morning as I left them when I went to bed.  Incredible!  I love it!

A consequence of running around making sure Toby was ready and his bags sorted was I came to work with no shoes.  I have been padding around in barefeet.  And frankly, I like it!  It is so hot.  My only concern is the effect my naked feet might have on unsuspecting colleagues.  I was in a meeting from 11 - 1pm and the colleague across the table looked under the desk and lost control.  It produced giggles, but I am sure that was just masking her amazement when she glimpsed my feet.  Perhaps she'll be sitting closer to my feet in the afternoon session we have together?  I'll let you know.

I'll be thinking of Toby today.  Hope you all have a wonderful day too.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment