Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Wednesday back at work

Hi,

Made it through the day yesterday and then met Sally and Andrew after work and caught the bus around to Courtney Place.  We went into the Big Bad Wolf (Big Bad Wolf) but they were only serving cold food at that time of the day (the pig goes on at 5am and gets carved up at midday and when it runs out, they serve pate).  So we wandered around the corner to Joe's Garage and I ordered the iced coffee.  Had a chicken Caesar salad (scrumptious) and then Andrew had an iced coffee too.

Reminds me of our overdoses on Café liégeois all around France
Sally and I left on the bus and Andrew went to tramping club to meet Mike.  I got home and jumped in the car and drove up to Paraparaumu Beach to see the beached, dead, Sperm Whale.

Big crowd watching

Big animal
The local iwi were just carving off the jaw bone.  It came free as I watched.  The sea was red with the blood and it was with conflicting emotions that I surveyed the scene.  I am so pleased I decided to drive up to see it.  The sun was setting in a fiery orange globe in the background and I got to sing all the way there and back.  I was concerned I might not find the whale, given I have no idea of the geography of Paraparaumu.  But, it wasn't hard to find.  As you might imagine.  And it generated a lot of interest as the roads were parked up.

This morning is gorgeousness itself here in Wellington.  But, the forecast assures me, that is just a false sense of security and the thunder and rain and wind is coming.  Nice.  Maybe around the time I ride home, eh?

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment