Monday, January 28, 2013

The weekend with glorious weather and Toby's return

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Wow - can I have another, please?  Mike and I went out for dinner on Friday night to Duck Creek at Pauatahanui.  We ate outside in shorts and t-shirt until the sun set below the hills and it coincided perfectly with draining our drinks after our meal.  Lovely food again.  I like this place.  And I got to drive fast with the roof down and sing loudly.  Mike says if my raucous singing is the worst I can ever do to him, he has it pretty sweet.  Aaawwww, shucks.

Back to Wellington to sort out the house for Toby's return.  Really, just an exercise to keep me from getting far too excited.  Then off at midnight to the airport.  We watched his plane land (exciting footage - not!) and then he came out fairly quickly.  He only had carry-on and I think he made a dash for the exit.  We got lots of hugs and kisses.  Thank you to the Kittos and Mum and Dad for looking after him.  His ear was no problem on the flight and seems to have come right.

Jet setting Toby arrives in Wellington


We all slept in nicely the next morning.  Nothing was a rush.  Alex arrived for a good long play.  The only pressing thing was the fridge arriving between 3 and 5pm.  It arrived closer to 5 than 3pm.  But Mike and I had the old fridge emptied and Mike had it out on the patio before the new fridge came down from the street.  Perfect.  And now we have a lovely new fridge.


We went for a walk in the evening so Mike can break in his new tramping boots.

Sunday I went to Chaffers market with Vivienne.  She bought fish off the boat that moors there.  Such fun to watch the banter.
That's my fish!
Then off to Yum Cha with John, Christine and wee Tom.  It was very nice - hadn't been in Wellington for ages.

After Yum Cha we went out to see Sally and Andrew.  We rode with Toby and his new bike (Christmas present) up the river.
Nice new bike, Toby!

Enjoying the view

Then home for a BBQ dinner.  Two in a row.  I could get used to this.  Also found a lemon beagle pup that had escaped from our neighbours across the way.  Went in to return him (his name is Hunter and he is very cute - they only got him on Friday!) and said hello to a chap called Christie.  At least I think that was what he said.  With his South African accent it was a bit tricky.

Toby is back to school on Wednesday.  Hopefully he gets into the last two days of the computer course.  Otherwise we'll be working from home.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment