Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The weekend with no Mike or Toby and a long weekend at that

Hi,

I left work at 1730 on Friday in the Corolla around the time Mike and Andrew were getting on the ferry to head to Nelson.  I got caught in traffic around Paekakariki (there are road works there at the moment) but it wasn't too bad.  I was at the Levin showgrounds at 1930 (after shopping at Waikanae).  I cleaned out Victor's horse float while Christine put Victor to bed.

I had a good sleep despite being on the wrong side of warm (that is, I was a bit cold!) and we woke up at 6am and fought against the warmth of the sleeping bags before venturing forth.  We got Victor ready and had time for a wee wander around.  I watched a bit of the sheep dog trials.

At 11am it was competition time and Christine got two fourths and two thirds.  Not too shabby for her first event for the year.  Well done to both of them.

Caught this horse jumping perfectly

Sheep dog trials were fun

Victor looked good with his ribbons.
Time to show off, Victor!
We tidied up and headed home - I would have been home by 1600 on Saturday.  I watched tennis and went to bed.

Sunday was a day of rest.  Well, no.  Not really.  I tidied up the house after the pre-Christmas frantic packing had turned the place upside-down.  It finally looked okay.  Not embarrassing at all for people to see when they pop in.  Phew!

I went out for dinner Sunday night to Boulcott Street Bistro with Jackie and Bron (Josh's mother and Aunt) and it was as good as ever there.  They both loved it too.  I enjoyed their company.  Jackie did mention that she'd never heard me talk so much.  Guess that's what happens when Mike is not around - I have to talk!

Monday I was up early to meet other Tabors for breakfast at Maccas.  Yum!  They were off tramping the Queen Charlotte all this week.  They have the best weather lined up - so lucky.  Wish I was there too.  We walked briefly around the waterfront before I dropped them at the Interislander.

Home to read before heading out to buy a fridge.  Yay!  Should get delivered this weekend!  My mother will be so pleased that she won't need to clean the fridge out if she comes in the next few months.  Hahahah.  Yes - I may be trying to lure her here.  Also bought a bike for Toby's Christmas.  I hope he likes it.  Time for lots of family riding now.

Back home to iron (yawn - how boring) and watch Coast (a documentary on the British coastline).  Then out to collect Mike and Andrew off the ferry at 2200 last night.  Another yawn for the late night.  They had a ball.  I am sure you'll hear more from them!

A short working week.  Toby is home late Friday night.  Yay!!

Have a wonderful week.
Love.
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment