Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Wednesday with cooler weather

Hi,

The air conditioner stayed off all day - amazing.  A breeze and mid twenties meant it was quite pleasant today.  The kids still played in the pool though - not me.  Nowhere near warm enough.  Hahah.  I can swim like that in New Zealand if I really want to.

Tyler, Abby and Toby in the pool - again

Max came over to join us for a few hours this morning.  He gets on well with Toby because he loves playing computer games.  I think he will now join Toby, Duncan and Emerson on the Minecraft server from time to time.

We all went out to dinner last night across the road at Nunzio's restaurant.  The food was a bit bland, but pleasant enough.  The air conditioner was almost keeping up with the 40C temperatures.

There were some failures at translations.  I sat across the table from Justin (husband of a friend of Karen's) and eventually he figured out I was Mike's wife (I mentioned him a few times I guess).  We talked about motorcycles and then I said "Mike's Dad has vintage motorcycles".  Justin was beginning to glaze over by now, but all of a sudden he jerked awake again and said "Who?".  So I said "Mike's Dad".  Justin looked concerned and stared at Karen.  And then he said "Mike's dead?".  I was now confused.  But Karen handily translated for us explaining that Mike wasn't dead but Mike's Dad had vintage motorcycles.

Down at the other end of the table, Max was talking to Toby and then I heard him say "Who is Ebby?" to Toby.  Hahah.  That would be "Abby".

Then I said we could text Max.  And Scott heard Tex-Mex so he started a conversation about a dreadful Text-Mex restaurant he thought we all wanted to go to.

I think I may need to return to New Zealand so I can be amongst people that understand me.

Hope your week is going marvellously.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment