Monday, January 14, 2013

The weekend back in Wellington

Hi,

You would not believe the weather out there.  It isn't cold at all, but boy, is it windy and wet.  Might be low mist too.  At 7.30am it was hosing down and we couldn't see the other side of the valley.  So we caught the bus in this morning.  A poor start to 2013 because not only does my body think it is 6.30am now, but the bus always sends me to sleep.  Double whammy!

The weekend was great.  Scott kindly drove me to the airport at a horrible hour.  I woke at 5.30am Sydney time and we left at 6.30am.  At the airport within 50 minutes.   Amazing service - ta Scott.  I was insulated from the forecast 40C heat by efficient airport air conditioning.  The flight was absolutely fine - I watched a documentary on Paul Kelly and then listened to some music.  Before I knew it I was in Wellington.

Mike picked me up and we dropped in to see John and Christine on the way home.  Then home and Mike cooked up an amazing dinner for me.  It was a replica of the Friday night meal Mike had in Waikanae.  So, despite not being there on Friday myself, I enjoyed most of the benefits on Saturday night with Mike.  I am loved.

Sunday morning I meant to wake up early to get back into Wellington time.  But, ummmm, I ended up waking up at 8.50am.  Oh dear.  Off to Vivienne's for lunch (meeting John at the supermarket on the way) and a great meal.  Sally and Andrew were there too.  No kids (Benjamin is still in Germany and Toby is still in Australia).



Back home and an attempt at tidying before ironing (yawn) and bed.

Work this week.  What a shock eh?  Toby is off to the Sunshine Coast this evening.  Lucky him.  Wish we were all there too.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment