Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

Our first rain in about ten days has caused quite a stir.  Roads are impassable and the strong winds have stripped the trees of their leaves.  I had a good ride home yesterday in light drizzly rain.  We didn't do very much apart from cook tea (thanks Mike) and watch Toby plough through his maths homework.  He did really well.

This morning, however, I have had a cold, wet ride in.  And the biggest scare of my riding in Wellington so far.  I was going quite slow down our steep hill, avoiding the wet, slippery leaves on the left hand side.  In doing so, I rode over a very slippery manhole.  My front wheel went one way, and my back wheel went another.  I stood up on my pedals and fortunately the bike came back to normal.  My heart pounded the rest of the way down the hill.  Nice, energetic start to the day.  Who needs coffee?  Not me!

We have a holiday tomorrow.  Today is like a Friday.  Yay!  Hahahah.  The rain is supposed to ease by the time I ride home.  In theory.  I will be pulling on wet gear though at around 5pm.  That's always a less-than-pleasant experience.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment