Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Wednesday with nothing for me and tramping club for Mike

Hi,

Rode home up the usual hill (Wadestown) on my road bike and made it up just fine.  It is quite a bit harder on a road bike without the extra lower gears.  But it was all good.  Got rid of frustration from the day's lack of progress too.  Riding is sometimes pure joy!  Grabbed the car from the library and collected Toby.  Went home to start dinner.  Spaghetti Bolognese.  It was going well, despite the lack of onions to put in the sauce. I was prepared to live with that.

Mike, however, has obviously been cooking in the kitchen and changed something crucial.  Turns out he hates using the sprinkle lid on the chilli flakes.  Yes.  Well.  I like to liberally shake two good shakes of the chilli flakes into the sauce as it's cooking.  I took the lid off, and did my usual wrist flicking shake, only to shriek when I saw teaspoonfuls of chilli flakes hurtle out into my sauce.  Hahahah.  I used a spoon to try (woefully) to scoop out embedded chilli flakes.  But the sauce was very hot.

Still, Toby ate the whole bowl I gave him.  Along with three cups of milk.  As did I.  Hahahah.  It was pretty good, said Toby.

It needed milk!

We're also watching the amazing deck out the front.  Well, the amazing slab that will one day hold the deck.
Lucky our picnic table is so useful.  
It is all an engineering marvel.  The rebar is in place in some of the holes.  Others are lined up to swallow rebar again today.

In other news, the glorious weather continues.  Last day of summer today and it is a beauty.  Everyone has been completely ruined this summer by the wonderful weather.  Cruise ships full of tourists are applying for residency as I type.  Hahahah.

Have an incredible day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment