Monday, February 11, 2013

The weekend with Dad Camp and a practise road ride

Hi,

Friday night was great fun - I rode home and grabbed Toby and we went to Joe's Garage for dinner.  We met Mike there and he had ordered our drinks (iced coffee for me and iced chocolate for Toby) and ordered dinner!  Nice.  Popped into the supermarket on the way home and bought weekend supplies then home to bed.

Up early Saturday morning.  Mike dropped me off with the road bike at the train station.  He saw me onto the train (it was a new Matangi train and Mike was checking it out) and then the train guard sorted me out.  She talked to me as we travelled and laughed at my tourist antics.  Yep - I took photos.

Kapiti Island appears!

Off at Paraparaumu and I rode down to the beach, found my starting point, clicked "go" on my phone GPS to track my ride and away I went.  I finished the 12.4 kms in 29 minutes.  I'm going to practise again this coming Saturday and see if I can get it lower.

Aidan, Duncan and Emerson collected me when I was done and we drove to our house where I got changed and dropped my bike off.  We went to Chocolate Fish for lunch.  It was yummy.  The boys enjoyed playing on the scooters and bikes there.



Then we wandered around to Scorching Bay and Worser Bay.  Aidan enjoys looking for china shards on the beach so we did that for a bit.  Any excuse for a walk on the beach if you ask me.

Around to Maranui for afternoon tea - but that was packed so we went around to The Bach and had a nice cup of tea, some brownies and wedges.  Then I was dropped off at home and I lay on my bed with the French doors open and read for hours.

Sunday up early again and off to collect Andrew and Alistair from Lower Hutt to walk up Mt Climie.  Such a nice day and lovely views.

Looking into the Hutt Valley - and over to Mana and Kapiti

And behind us, into the Wairarapa.
My tramping boots gave me a blister!  But my feet still look good!

Back down to Sally and Andrew's house for lunch and then back to Upper Hutt to H2OXtreme to watch Toby swimming.  Home to cook dinner and iron, ready for the week.

Toby is off to school camp on Tuesday until Friday.  Hopefully the weather stays lovely.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment