Friday, February 8, 2013

The Thursday with nothing and Mike sick

Hi,

What a gorgeous morning here in Wellington.  A beautiful day.  Hope the weekend holds more of the same in store.  Mike and Toby are off to "Dad Camp" for the weekend.  It's forecast to be 28C in Masterton, close to where they are going.  Nice!

Me?  My plans involve catching the train to Paraparaumu early tomorrow and hopefully riding my road  bike on the actual course for the duathalon in two weekends time.  Just to see.  And then Sunday I have an epic day tramp planned ("planned" is a strong word for our nebulous thoughts).  Woo hoo!  Awesome.

Yesterday was interesting - Mike was sick at home with the remnants of a migraine.  So he watched the digger's progress into our back yard.  Ummmm...  It's not quite there yet.  And it broke itself.
In the neighbour's backyard still

They are there again today and perhaps might make it to their destination.  Maybe.

We had a BBQ (kinda) last night.  We're out of gas in our gas bottle for the BBQ (well, I ran out of gas last weekend and had to switch the BBQ bottle into the house supply), so Mike cooked the sausages inside and we ate outside.  Nice.  Until the pesky sandflies found me.

I stupidly said yes to playing netball today with the work team.  They were desperate for team members - which you'd have to be to resort to asking me.  I anticipate being quite hot and sweaty around about 12.30pm today.  The showers at work will be welcome.  I am guessing I have not played netball in about 15 years.  I hope I can channel my sisters, as they all seem to be much better at netball than me.  In fact, I hope I can channel wee Abby.  Then I'll be amazing.  I have said it is a one-off netball stand-in.  That's to head off the fact that they will never want to ask me back when I foul my way up and down the court, having forgotten the rules of netball in the intervening decades.

Hope your weekend is as good as mine looks!
Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment