Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Wednesday with an epic ride home

Hi,

I rode home with Mike on the road bike and had an epic time riding up Ngaio Gorge.  I managed to get up without pushing and fairly flew up.  That is because the gears are geared so high that I have no say in how fast I go.  If I pedal any slower I'll fall off.  Yet I am passing others with legs of corded muscle on mountain bikes.  It is certainly odd.  And it nearly killed me.  I had to stop for breath at the top and pluck up the nerve to get back on for the back run.

I made it up from Crofton Downs to Norwich St without getting off, so now all that remains is the last push up Norwich St itself.  Which may take years because it is so steep!  But now I have to ride up the gorge and from Crofton Downs every time because you can never go backwards!  Oh no.  I have made a rod for my back.

My bike is a wee bit too big for me.  I think I'll have to scour Trade Me for a replacement over winter.

Tonight is Valentines Day and Mike and I are off to the user group session tonight.  What a hot date.  Mike has no idea how lucky he is!

Our sewer pipe is still broken.  One hole is filling with watery muck.  Not so pleasant.  I think we'll be doing our washing at Sally and Andrew's place this Saturday.

Just had breakfast at Drexels with Fran and Mike - so yummy.  Drexels is a American breakfast restaurant.  I had two pancakes with a half side of bacon and I am full to bursting!  Their service was a bit slow though. Nice to see Fran - we had a good catch up.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment