Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Wednesday with a new bike and tramping club

Hi,

Another stunning day in Wellington - I had a great ride in this morning from Lower Hutt to town.  But, before I was lyrical about my new bike, let me tell you about Wednesday evening.  I drove home to collect Toby and we went to Nandos in Johnsonville for tea.  Toby loves it.  He had two meals!  I think he is spurting.  I have upped his lunchbox to two sandwiches in the past two days because he said he was hungry still.

We went to collect my new bike, but they weren't ready.  So back home to wait for 8.30pm when they would be ready.  Fortunately Andrew was keen to join us and he gave the bike a good inspection.  It looks lovely and Andrew was happy so we paid and took it home.  We collected Mike from work (with the trombone as Toby has lessons on Thursday) and went home to Lower Hutt.

The big news from home is our plumbing is fixed and done.  We can move back into our house tonight.  Yay!  It all looks great.  Well, there are pipes for Africa - but they are all connected and carry waste away from the house instead of pooling in a deep hole.

This morning I got up, got dressed and hopped on the bike for the ride into town.  It is such a lovely bike to ride.  So nice.  I popped into iRide (bike shop) on the way in and it had a good assessment.  I have booked it in for Wednesday for a service and possible replacement parts.  But they say it has nothing major wrong and just needs some parts replaced.  The back wheel is the biggest thing, but that was apparent to us anyway.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment