Friday, January 15, 2016

The Thursday with John!

Hi,

What a great day!  After work I walked to the pool for dragon boating training.  I am almost possibly sort of nearly getting the idea of paddling.  Maybe.  Hahahah.

Dragon boating foot


From there I got changed and wandered over to Vista over the road and Mike, Toby and John got there at the same time.  John was flying out of Wellington super early this morning and had been catching up with family in Golden Bay.

Vista was lovely.  Toby ordered the pan fried snapper and scoffed it down like it was Tim Tams.  I haven't seen him eat like that in ages.  And that was after a lot of bread dipped in olive oil too.  And then the chocolate mousse came out and Toby thought he'd gone to heaven.

John got us caught up on his news.  His mother has a house in Pohara.  His brothers are doing well.  Heard about Judith, John and Clare.  Judith's family.  And I passed on best wishes from Karen and Ma!  So, all caught up.  We dropped him at Adam's house afterwards, catching an awesome sunset from close to Island Bay.

Seaward Kaikouras from the south coast

The sky changed as I watched it

This morning Mike and I walked in.  Nice.  Toby is off to spend the day with Emerson and Duncan (thanks Aidan) and we have a birthday dinner at her place tonight.  Ed is there, so I'll finally get to see him on this trip.

Toby goes to Sydney tomorrow.  He can't wait!  Wish I was going.

Right.  Time to start the day.


Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment