Monday, January 11, 2016

The weekend with me and Toby

Hi,

Toby and I had such a good weekend together.  Friday night we watched Back to the Future part one.  And we slept on the floor in his bedroom like we were camping.  Mind you, I woke early (5.30am) and crept up to my bed for a snooze before waking again to read.  Toby didn't surface until 10.30am!  Hahahah.

We went around to Vivienne's and John's house and had lunch with everyone.  The day was stunning and the lunch was good fun!  Vivienne made the two of us seafood chowder and it was amazing!

The view from Vivienne and John's house on Saturday
Awesome seafood chowder from Vivienne


After lunch we watched Benjamin and John deal to the lawn before taking the dogs for a walk to see the tree where the kakas fledged.

From there, Toby and I went home and chilled out for the rest of the evening.  We watched Back to the Future Two but I slept in my own bed!

Sunday morning I was supposed to go to archery with Ange but it was a howling gale.  So I finally went for a run and then realised around 9am that the wind had died away completely and it was beautiful.  Ange picked us up and Dee, and we went to Eastbourne for brunch.  Toby really enjoyed himself.  He bought a newspaper and ate bacon and poached eggs and had a thickshake.

Iced coffee and thickshake goodness

Toby with his newspaper at the cafe
 Ange happily took me to do my messages in Lower Hutt.  I bought a lamp for the lounge that I had my eye on and I bought a bed head that Mike had liked.  Ooooohhhh.  Can't wait for the bedroom stuff to be delivered - late Feb.  That'll be a good birthday present.


Lounge looking good
Back home and I tidied a little before Mike got home around 5pm.  Earlier than I thought he would.  He enjoyed the lounge effort!  I think it is mainly because I took the Christmas tree down that it looks so good.

Anyway.  The week looms ahead.  Busy, like usual.  Kinda wish I still had the Stewart Island trip this week.  Oh well.  Never mind.  My birthday is coming and that is something to look forward to.

Have a lovely week!

Love,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment