Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Wednesday with no archery but a catch up with Aidan

Hi,

After another busy day at work, I realised the evening was actually really nice.  So I asked Ange if she was keen on a spot of archery.  She said yes, so I changed into my bike gear (t-shirt and bike shorts) and sneakers and we drove out to Lower Hutt.  The day was lovely, so the window was down and we navigated the peak hour traffic just fine.

But when we got there, the club containers weren't open.  So we sat in the car and chatted away, hoping someone with a key would come and open up.  After about 25 minutes we decided that it wasn't likely to happen.  Ange dropped me home and I changed into some normal shorts and drove down to see Aidan.

Aidan has been learning the violin and I had a wee concert from her before Christmas and another one last night.  The difference in the two sessions was amazing.  If she keeps improving like that, the neighbours will be happy within another month!  Hahah.  I enjoyed it - the tunes are recognisably songs now.  I'm sort of hoping she might try a Bruce Springsteen song or two.  He has Suzy in his concerts to accompany along on many songs.  Jeepers - it looks like hard work though.  The fret board on a violin has no markers to tell you where you put your fingers.  You have to know where B is.  I'd be hopeless.

I also got a book to read from Aidan.  A fantasy about dragons.  I started it last night before I went to sleep and it looks like a good read to me.  We're off camping this weekend so I'll take it along and see if I can make in-roads into it.  She's good to me.

We chatted over a cup of tea and Ed arrived and had his tea too.  The boys were recording gaming sessions but with hot tea in our hands they had to stop that and let us into the lounge to chat.  Hahah.  Good fun.

Went home and Mike got home not long afterwards from his tramping club night.  I absolutely crashed when I turned out my light, but I was awake before my alarm - so it must have been a perfect sleep.

Dragon boating tonight - first time in a real boat.  Ooooo.  It's going to be huge!

Have a great day!

Love,,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment