Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Wednesday of hecticness

Hi,

Yep - I have invented a word.  Hecticness.  Maybe it's not as cool a word as Christine would invent.  She is the queen of portmanteaus.  She would combine hectic with stress (or something) and come up with hectress.  The Wednesday of hectress.  Or stresstic.

Gasoline's iced coffee

Give it a good poke to test consistency

First taste happiness

Oh yeah - it's a good un!
I did meet Mike for lunch.  Well, we'd both eaten our lunch already.  So we met for coffee.  At Gasoline.  They do a good iced coffee.  The sign behind me that Mike has so carefully edited out is not declaring love to anyone.  It's actually a message of grumpiness.  It could say "love you, love you, very much".  Or it could even say "thank you, thank you very much".  But it doesn't.  It does have a word that ends in "k" though.  Someone must have had a hard time when they stood in front of that blank canvas.

Anyway - I had two presentations to give in the space of a few hours yesterday.  One had 65 invitees.  But I rather think perhaps only 40 or so were there.  That was a shortish one.  And then later I had a longer presentation to around 20 people.

It all went ok.  Really, it did.  In fact, from this end of it, I am wondering why I was dreading it.  Oh well.  Out of practise speaking in front of people, I guess.

When the last session finished at around 1900, I met Mike outside Microsoft, and I dropped him at his function and then took Serge home.  Serge actually went to the session and watched me present.  He was very kind.

Back home, with my bike from work, and wee Toby is still sick.  He has another day off school.  Hoping he comes right today.

It's another sticky warm day here in Wellington.  I am melting in my work clothes here at work.  Must be time for a huge drink of water.

Dragon boat training tonight.  Woot!  And Lulu looks like she is coming to stay on Sunday night for a few days.  Awesome.

Right.  Time to start the day.  Enjoy it, wherever you are.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment