Monday, February 1, 2016

The weekend with great company and adventures

Hi,

Wish all my weekends were that much fun.  I guess, actually, they often are.  Makes the week days crawl by.  Maybe I need more weekend boredom in my life to even out the week days?  Hahahah!

Friday after work, Mike and Monica (and their kids, Jessica (10) and Daniel (is he 6?)) arrived to stay for a few nights on their road trip around Wellington.

We found beds for them and introduced them to Burger Wisconsin.  Hahah.  After chatting on the couch for a bit, I started to get sleepy.  I left Mike talking to Mike and went to bed.  I barely noticed when Mike came to bed, apart from Toby dropping something on my head.

Next morning we went into Te Papa after some cereal and toast.  Went to the Dreamworks exhibition - it was quite good.  Loved the cartoonists table when they projects cartoons onto the paper like they were being done as you wanted.

Toby at Dreamworks

Toby and I found the art desks with software to make cartoons.  I totally loved it.  I want to do this on my tablet now.

We made a cartoon of a dragon snorting smoke from its nostrils

Our hands on the ball

Toby's first squid - Clive

From there we had Yum Cha and then wandered back home.  Mike and Mike went to get BBQ stuff and we waited for their arrival (I did spray Round Up while I waited).

Mike and Karen also came to visit (with Adam, Rebecca and Jacob) and we all chatted away, catching up on news.

BBQ stand

Eventually it was late and we collapsed into bed.  Next day we got up early and drove Toby to Aidan's place and us to Paekakariki to have a breakfast with Mike and Monica.  Andrew joined us.  Then we said goodbye as they headed home to Auckland and Andrew, Mike and I went to Queen Elizabeth Park to start our bike ride.


Kapiti Island behind my bike

Selfie riding

Andrew and Mike discussing the awesome trail


We had such fun!  Saw the US Marines memorial.  The tram lines.  Had an iced coffee at Raumati before taking the coastal path back.  Mike tried to cycle on the sand and fell over, still clipped in and pedalling.  The family 2 m from him were entertained.

Back home and we got ready for Toby's big day today.  His first day at high school.  He was very excited.  Nervous and excited.  Normal.

We got up at 5.45am on Monday morning and heard Toby already walking around.  He was dressed, fed himself breakfast and brushed his teeth all before 6am!

We all caught the 13 bus to his school.  Took nearly an hour!  He'll have to catch the 7.30am bus.

We had a powhiri and we left him sitting in the crowd, waiting to be sorted into his class room.

Wow!  I am also very excited.  He is so big now.
First day at high school

Toby waits to be sorted into his year group
Right.  The day is glorious.  Hello birthday month!

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment