Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Wednesday with my birthday

Hi,

Wow - what a day!  It's been a crazy time, but lots of fun.  I hurtled out of the house like usual yesterday and met Aidan at 8am for a quick breakfast catch up.  I did have a little bit of her coffee, as she wasn't up to drinking it all.  But - it didn't taste good.  Hahah.  I got flowers from her and they now grace my desk at work.  So I can show off how loved I am to anyone that comes to see me.

Breakfast with Aidan

I got flowers - quite lovely

After a huge morning meeting, I got an iced coffee date with Jo and Rex.  They stuck to iced chocolates.  But I was happy to slurp down another iced coffee (see the one yesterday too!).

Ummm - second coffee with Jo and Rex

Looking sheepish about the amount of caffeine

My partners in crime - having iced chocolates, because they are sensible


I got to have lunch with Mike not too long after that.  He took me to Lambton Square food hall.  I had a yummy baked potato.  we were making space for dinner later.

After more work, eventually it was time for birthday dinner at Capitol.  One of my favourite places.  Mike and I took a bus from work and Mum, Dad and Toby came in with our car.  The food was up to its usual excellent standard and everyone enjoyed it.  Toby ordered the fish and his face when he ate it looked like he was in heaven.  I think this has become one of his favourite places to eat now.

Toby at birthday dinner

We all had dessert too.  Mike, Toby and I had the chocolate fondant dessert.  Mmmmm.  Toby went off to get an ice cream for second dessert and Mike and I went off to Bats to see an Improv comedy.

We saw Attack of the Killer B movie.  Funny.  Mike made himself a tinfoil hat from the tinfoil passed out at the start.  He had a cute wee bonnet with a rose in it.  We chuckled our way through that  until around 10pm.

Off to grab a few things from the supermarket and then home to enjoy the last few hours of a great birthday.  Woot!  What fun.

Today is looking fun too.  Dragon boating training (unless this galeforce wind continues, I guess) followed by dinner and karaoke.  Not too late though. I need an early night.

Have a wonderful day.  Happy un-birthday to me.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment