Monday, February 15, 2016

The weekend back in Wellington

Hi,

After a week down south with Mum (blog post coming soon), I had a great weekend in Wellington.  Mum and I got back into Wellington at around 5.30pm on Friday.  We had to go directly to a car wash, as the car was covered in salt spray and dust.  After that fun, I popped in to drop off a bottle of wine for Aidan from Wairau River winery.  I gave her a huge fright apparently, merely knocking on her door.  Turns out I am the first person to visit her without saying I was coming.  Oops.

Mike and Toby looked happy to see me after my week away.  They didn't seem too worse for my absence.

Off to bed early after my long driving holiday - and up early for the Dragon boating fun race day.  What a great day!  Sunny.  No wind.  Mike dropped me off and I found our tent and we settled in to our first two races (10 and 10.40am).  A bit of a break before another race.  Then we were in a combined womens team with MPI.  Had fun in that race.  Then a break before another race.  Aidan turned up for that one.  Woot!  She got some photos.

Then we had a break for lunch.  Aidan and I enjoyed a sausage sizzle and a chat under the trees.  Then off to the next race.  Mum and Mike turned up for the last one up to the fountain and back.  Oooo - that was hard work.

I also copped sunburn on my shoulders where my sunscreen didn't quite cover it.  Ouch!

Back home for a yummy bbq.  Mmmmm.

Mike cooks a mean bbq

I'm eyeing up the cheese from my vantage point


We watched a movie with Toby downstairs.  Real Steel.  I quite enjoyed it - almost as much as the first time.

Brunch with Ange



Off to bed and up early (ish) for a run and then off to archery with Ange in the wee green car to tackle the weedy bank and try and make a dent in the look of the place.  Then off to a cafe for brunch.  And back home to iron and do grocery shopping.  Mike and Toby went to see Zoolander 2.

Back home and then off for dinner at Boulcott St Bistro with Mum, Aidan and Christine.  It was so nice.  Yummy food as usual.  Nice to catch up with Christine and Aidan.

Home and off to bed.  So busy!

And it's birthday week.  Dad arrives tonight.  Toby is off to school camp on my birthday!  Yep - crazy busy.  More dragon boat training.

And my party on Saturday!  Woot!

Have fun!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment