Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Monday with nothing much

Hi,

My powers on the bus are diminishing.  I am usually the only person left with a seat next to me by the time the bus gets into town.  I must give off those don't-sit-next-to-me-I-bite vibes.  Or something.  Maybe I channel Roz's bus vibes - she told me she has a technique for looking so fierce no one sits next to her.  Hahahah.

Anyway - those powers are gone!  Monday and this morning, a woman chose to sit next to me when there were ample seats left.   It's like she can't feel my super powers.  OMG!  She is my kryptonite!  Well, I never actually looked at her, but it is possible it was the same woman each day.  There can't be two people invulnerable to my super power.

I am going to contemplate my new vulnerable state over a cup of tea.  I think the obvious answer is to ride my bicycle again.  At least I can't share that with anyone.

Toby was sick yesterday but seems ok again now.  We ate simply last night as he wasn't up for a big meal.

This morning's run was really funny.  Well, the run itself was ok.  A crisp still morning with stunning clear skies.  Venus is shining like a diamond.  Anyway - the funny bit is my running application went mad and recorded 5.1 km in the 21 minutes instead of 3.1km.  It recorded I ran at some blistering time of 3 mins per kilometre.  The clear skies must have played havoc with the GPS.

I also had a faux pas on my texting yesterday.  My Swype (which I love) uses the X key and the ! key as one and the same.  I can switch between the two uses of that key by pressing that X for slightly longer and it knows that I really want the ! to come up.

I was texting Sreejith - as you do when you are trying to tee up a Spin class visit - and I wanted to express my dissatisfaction at something.  So I typed "Gah".  And you can't say "gah" without an exclamation mark.  It was the final word in my text.  And I kept my finger on the X to switch it to a bang (!) and then hit send.

But...  I obviously mis-timed my key press because it came out as a X right at the end.  I basically blew a kiss at the end of my text to my work colleague.  Mortified!

Time to find that cup of tea.  Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment