Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The weekend with the Queens Birthday

Hi,

Turns out perhaps all I did over the long weekend was drink iced coffees.  Hahahah!

Iced coffee 1 on Friday

Iced coffee 2 on Friday

Anyway, Friday night I went out to the art show again with Celia, James and Mike.  We enjoyed wandering around and then Mike and I headed home to see Toby.

Saturday was spent thinking about tidying the house.  I thought about it from time to time.  Honest!

Sunday we had Wonder Woman booked in around 6pm.  Mike dropped me and Toby in town while he went to the airport to collect Sally and Andrew from their Nelson weekend.  I also got Toby to Joe's Garage before the movie was scheduled to start.  We enjoyed fries together and an iced chocolate for Toby and an iced coffee for me.  Eventually Mike texted to say he was at the cinema so we headed over. Vivienne and John arrived at the Embassy and we enjoyed the movie.  Well, I did!  It was mighty!

We then popped into Slim Daveys for dinner - very nice!  I'd go back there.  Mind you, it was 9pm by the time we got there, so it made for a late dinner.



Close up of Joe's Garage iced coffee - still good!

First sip of Joe's iced coffee for quite some time

Lunch!
I made lunch based on a recipe I saw in Facebook and it turned out quite well.  Kumara with egg and spinach.  Yum!  Baked in the oven.

Monday was exciting.  Mike and I bought a new car!  A wine coloured Forester (Subaru).  We pick it up later this week.  Yay!  Time to move the silver bullet on.  \

We popped in to see Josh for dinner - Toby said it was the best steak he had ever eaten.  He ate everything and beat both Emerson and Duncan to cleaning his plate.  Josh asked what the new car's name might be.  Not sure - but "Claret" came to mind.  Or maybe 'Red Stuff" because that is what I call my sparkling grape juice drink.  Hahahah.

I am up in Auckland today and tomorrow.  Busy times.  I hope the boys eat ok while I am away.  Yikes!  My flight was delayed due to fog in Auckland.  We circled New Plymouth a few times in a holding pattern.  I could tell because sometimes the sun came in the left side of the plane!  And it did that multiple times!

Hahahah!

Have a fantastic day.  I get to see Roz later.  Woot!  And Wally tomorrow.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment