Friday, July 7, 2017

The Thursday with a quiz

Hi,

The day disappeared in a whirlwind of activity.  But I did get two more punters for our quiz team.  Serge and Sam joined me, Dave and Rex for some fun at a fundraiser for Jo's netball team.

Jo, on the other hand, did not have fun.  Due to a storm in Auckland, her flight back from there (for work) was cancelled.  She was facing sleeping in the airport because accommodation was unavailable due to the third test coming up this weekend.  Fortunately she did get on the last flight - but well and truly missed the quiz.

I hope the consolation prize of the $50 bar tab and a bottle of Baileys eases the sadness.  Yes - we got second!  Ooossshhh!  And I got a t-shirt.  Or Mike got one (a Tui t-shirt)


Second!

Guess it was good I knew the Tate had collections in London, Liverpool and Cornwall.  Dave knew some obscure song by Genesis.  Yep - it was a good team effort.  If only we'd known more about the All Blacks and the netball team.  The sports round killed us.

Smudge visited the vet and got her jabs, worming tablets (she didn't like that) and had her temperature taken (oddly, she didn't seem to mind that).  Her walking is still a bit stiff but the vet wasn't overly concerned.  We're monitoring that.

Mike got home late after having an excellent dinner out with a mate.  He was very happy when he got home around 11.15pm.  Chatted away to me.  We planned my morning out and then we both crashed.

My morning was early.  5.15am.  Mike woke at 5.30 after my shower and asked why we were up so early.  He'd forgotten about my need to pack for the weekend.  I am heading to PN to cycle and watch rugby.  Sounds like fun - although the weather is a bit drizzly.

I got lunches sorted (well, one of them - the important one!) and packed the car and got away before 7am!  Yay.

I will leave work at 4.30pm and head up SH1 with the rest of Wellington.  It'll be a reasonable drive for the new car.  Over to Martinborough was just a taster.  Mike and Toby will look after Smudge and tidy the house and do laundry (well, in my mind that is what they will do).  In fact, while I am fantasising let's have Mike also do all the ironing.  Bwhahahahah!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment