Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Tuesday with bike awards

Hi,

Oh - wee Toby was sick yesterday.  And today isn't looking any better - but he has a science test.  So he is hauling himself off to school for that - but will probably head home after that.  He also has an orthodontist appointment today.  Doh!

Waitangi Park for the first awards

Tuesday was frantic at work - how does that happen?  Anyway, the exciting part was the bike awards.  After my initial thoughts along the lines of:  why did I say yes to this?, I went along at 6pm.  There I learned the plan was to ride in a huge bunch from Te Aro Bike Junction to Waitangi Park (have some awards), then to Frank Kitts for more awards and to have a minister from the coalition appear.  Then Civic Square for more awards.  Then back to Bike Junction.


Oh - we won!

It actually worked out really well.  And when we got to Civic Square, it turns out we wont he big prize.  I had to go up in my fetching bike gear and accept.  Lucky they didn't require a speech.  We won for being super bike friendly at work.  Nice effort.  And we have an e-bike for a week (Mon - Fri) from Switched On Bikes.  Thank you!

Civic Square - and you can even see my work in the distance

Civic Square

Frank Kitts

Back to Bike Junction where we heard from the minister.  Good on her.  And the bike advocates that do such a great job trying to sway the masses.

Anyway, I rode home and got home just after 9pm.  Crashed into bed - but I never slept well.  Maybe it was all the excitement.

Hope Toby does ok today.

Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment