Monday, March 19, 2018

The weekend where I was sick for most of it

Hi,

So - I was still sick on Friday and had a day at home in bed.  Missed Amy and Iona (as well as a tonne of work).  But I did decide to go see "Tomb Raider" with the boys at 8pm on Friday night.  Figured sitting in a dark warm room would be ok.  Movie was a bit pants - something about it just didn't hit the right spots.  Mike and Toby seemed to think it was ok.

Toby had come home after lunch as well that day.  Citing sore ribs still.  I think he was getting sick, as you will see later.

Smudge snoozing on my lap
One benefit of being sick and staying in bed is the cat decided to take up residence on my lap a few times.  Yay!

Saturday we got a few things done and Mike headed away for the family BBQ.  Toby had mates around (Ethan and Zach) and they watched movies while I stayed in my bedroom, reading.  But I heard Toby puking after a while.  His headache seemed to be related to something dodgy. 

The boys decided not to stay in the house of pestilence and I took Zach home (Ethan's mother came to get him).  As I was driving through town, Mike came off the motorway right behind me.  He was coming home from the BBQ. One minute later either way for either of us, and we would never have met.  I stopped and we chatted before I continued to drop off Zach.

Turns out Zach's mother is from Dunedin (a few  years older than me) and his father is from Leeds (engagement ring came from there).  And Zach's mother works using the product my team support.  Too funny.

Sunday was a lazy day again - laundry and tidying up around the house.  Mike was a machine.  The landscapers are going to pour the steps today.  They are nearly done.

Tried to ride in this morning, but couldn't find my back light in the dark.  And I was running late.  So I jumped on the bus instead.  Got to yoga.   My bike jammed the garage door and it didn't close properly, but the boys sorted that.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment