Monday, March 11, 2019

The weekend with dragon boat racing

Hi,

Happy birthday to Jo today.  30.  All mature now.  Made me think about what I would tell my 30 year old self if I had a chance.  Turns out I would tell myself to push my body, as it can do a lot more than I ever knew.  So there you go.  My wisdom and advice, right there!

What a great weekend.  I feel quite exhausted - but the physical kind.  As I dried my hair with a towel on Saturday after the race day, I realised I had no strength left.  So I like to think I was trying my best.



Iced latte Friday

Happy

Hmmm - this is true of me.

The day was still and calm on the water.  Flat as I have ever seen it.  But it rained off and on most of the day.  The signal for rain was an impending race for us.  Hahahah


Dragon boat team - Ooossshhh!


Joycie had our tent humming with organisation.  I got there at 7.45am with my tarp and Jo arrived just afterwards with hers.  Best thing ever as the grass was muddy underfoot by the end.

It was Khemry's birthday and we celebrated with cake after our last morning race.  We got faster times as the day went by - which is what you want.  And our fastest time was in the B final where we came second by a whisker. 

Nina dropped her paddle after the finish line in the final - that's how much she gave it!  Wow!

We packed up and dropped off Joycie and the gear to her place and headed home.  Relaxed with Mike a bit before bed.

Sunday saw us chipping in the back yard jungle.

Me digging steps


I must be very strong after the summer training because I sawed my way through so much wood and managed to keep it up for hours.

Mike and I actually had fun, if you can believe it.  It didn't rain on us.  Mike spent a lot of time fixing the chipper to make it better than it was before.  And we powered through so much wood.

Went to have some late lunch at 3pm and shower ahead of Improv time.  We saw Ferris Wheel, starring Serge!  It was a great time - so glad we went to see it.  Nick Fone was in the audience!  We need a Southern Cross quiz night.

Toby saw a movie with his friends and enjoyed it.  Made his top 10.  Alita - I think it was.

Hope your week ahead is a good one.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment