Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Tuesday with AFL training

 Hi,

I managed to catch up with Maureen at work and took her to Ugly Bagels for an iced latte.  She is a great sports person and it was cool to hear about the things she does (and has done).  Also - she has been at this workplace for something like 17 years.  Wow, eh?

Iced latte at Ugly Bagels with Maureen.  I did not convince her they are the best way to consume caffeine


However, she didn't suck down the iced latte like it was the heavenly concoction I know it to be.  Hahahah.  I will continue to try and convert the world, person by person.

We also had a team lunch to say goodbye to Tejas.  He is off to Melbourne in some amazing role where I am sure he will shine.  Flamingo Joe's.  Quite nice.  And thank you Kirsty for buying my lunch.  You shouldn't have - but I will shout you one day.  I have filed that away.

Goodbye Tejas.  You'll do amazing things in Melbourne, I am sure

Some of the team and pohutukawa flowers

I get close up and personal with the flowers

Mike collected me after work and we went to Martin Luckie park for 6.30pm training.  We were really early - not sure why.  Mike ran around the park (did another 7km) while we practised drills.  Handballs were part of the session.   A lot of them.

Handball exercises @ AFL training

But I am declaring myself injury free from that session.  Way better than the 2 I picked up last week.  And also - not calling the bruise on the outside of my thumb an injury in any way, shape or form.  Doesn't hurt, doesn't count.

Back home and a far better sleep than the night before.  Oosshh!

I hope your day is a good one.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment