Monday, December 7, 2020

The weekend with the last boot camp and the last AFL before the Grand Final and our wedding anniversary and work party

 Hi,


The weekend was a blur of activity.  We had our work Christmas party on Friday night.  It was good fun - and Callan won an award (he featured in the blog a few months back when we came to work dressed as twins!).  Well done to him!

Mike was feeling the effect of many nights out so we went home at 9pm and we were both asleep in seconds when we crawled into bed.

But during the day on Friday, I went with Juliet and Chris to find a Santa hat for the party.  I found one at Farmers, then we went into David Jones (I got separated from them both as I bumped into Carrie on Lambton Quay first).  As I wandered around David Jones, peering at my phone to see if Chris would answer so I could track them down, I heard a voice saying:  Are you one of my elves?

Are you my elf?  Why, yes, I am, Santa.

I saw Santa!  Hahah.  And asked for a selfie.

:-)

Then off to lunch with Juliet and Chris.  And an iced latte.


Ugly Bagel iced latte

I try to stab Chris with my straw

And, as I said, work party afterwards in Shed 6.  Mike and I ubered home after it.  And up early for the last boot camp of 2020.

Saturday boot camp

Done for 2020

Boot camp santas

I am going to miss boot camp.  Next one is Jan 30th.  That is so far away!

We went back home to shower and my intention was to collect the wee white car from Sally and Andrew and have date day for our wedding anniversary.  But the weather was a bit yuck. And... I kinda fell asleep with my head in Mike's lap on the couch.

Anyway - after 2 hours nap I was ready!   Hahahah.  Off to Eastbourne in our own car for a late lunch.

Eastbourne date lunch

Too late in the day for an iced latte.  Vanilla milkshake time

Angie's place for gin on her deck.  Well - ginger beer for me

Then Angie's house for some drinks with her family and friends.  Brent from work was there too.  That was lovely - but too short.

Because we had wedding anniversary dinner booked in town at the Malaysian Long Bar.

Date night - wedding anniversary

Mike looks so handsome!

Back home and into bed.  Up to a surprisingly gorgeous day.  Scrambled eggs on the deck.

Sunday morning scrambled eggs on the deck

Taped finger for the game

Then I got ready for my AFL game.  Taped my finger and rubbed Voltaren into my calf.  Yeah - not sure this was going to work.

Socks ready

We got there and Mike spoke to his mother on his phone before the game.  I started but had to call out my dodgy calf as a liability.  They left me as a forward so save me running around.  We only had 7 a side so it was hard work for the others.

But as Mike ran around the field during the game, I scored 2 goals!  My team lost by 5 points though.  My goal at the start of the last quarter put us 1 point in front and we stayed there until they scored a goal in the last minute.  Gah!

Mike ran a PB distance.  11.44 km.  Wow!  And he was fairly comfortable too.  We met Elly at the Sprig and Fern for a drink afterwards before heading to meet Janine and Allyson at the Khandallah pub to plan for the NY tramp.

Back home and a quick dinner before we went to bed and watch a BBC documentary before falling asleep.

Monday morning - not going outside in that weather!

Pears and avocados

Woke to dire weather - rain and really windy.  Weird weather.  Seriously.

PT was not in a good place for our session so when I woke up and saw his message about his poor sleep and need to stay in bed, I could relate.  Went back to bed myself.  Hahah.

Will try to go to Spin after work and pop in to see Roz who is down for work.  Let's see how that pans out.

Have a good week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment