Monday, December 14, 2020

The weekend with Toby turning 18 and my grand final

 Hi,

Friday saw Tejas leaving and heading off on his next adventure.  A few weeks down south before moving to Melbourne.  Good luck, Tejas.

Last iced coffee with Tejas

Chris always gets the straw up his nose

Bye Tejas

I was walking home after work when I wandered past Andrew's work and on the off chance, I pinged him.  Turns out he was having "an early night" and was almost done.  So I waited for him and then wwe caught up on news and wandered off to the Sprig and Fern to meet Sally.  She was there with Paul and John and we had a drink before the three of us went to Cosa Nostra.  The food was good and I saw lots of photos from Sally's trips.

Uber home for me.

When I got home I saw the awesome cake Tessa had made for Toby - hiding in the fridge.  It looked amazing.

Toby's cake hiding in plain sight

I got up early Saturday for a one hour session with Quentin.  It was cardio.  Boxing and the new machines - Ube.  One was like a grinder on a huge yacht.  One was a farmer carry.  And the last one was a bike that you needed to punch with your arms too.

Plus other cardio things when that wasn't enough.  I lasted 45 mins before we switched to something less active.

Moxley loves my sweaty wraps

Toby gets a great brekkie

Tessa was making brekkie for Toby when I got home.  And then it was present time.

Present time

DnD dice

Surprise!  Sleep shorts

We went out to Aro and got a Christmas tree.  Yay.  Toby and Tessa decorated it.  Makes the house smell great!

Model Smudge



Stunning morning for Toby's birthday

Later, Sally and Andrew came around for cake and more presents for Toby.  The cake was superb.  It was chocolate with a middle layer of cheesecake.  OMG.  Yum!

Toby buying his first beer.  They asked for ID.

We went out to Portlander for dinner.  Toby bought his first beer at the bar.  Heineken for anyone wondering.

After a lovely meal (still not a lot for vegetarians) we wandered home.  Crashed into bed.


His drinks his first bought beer

Dinner at Portlander

Up for brekkie ahead of the Grand Final.  

Mike selfie

Posing ahead of the Grand Final

Toby and Tessa came too - and I met Quentin, Andrew and Celia there.  Andrew and Quentin were there for the entire game.  Mike ran 15.5km - the furthest he has ever run - while the game was on.


I compare taping with Izzy

Conditions were overcast with a slight easterly

BJ had way more taping!

But my game was not to be.  I was kicking a ball around for a while, then a light run.  But during other warm ups, my calf played up.  And I tried again, but this time it was way worse.  So I was on the sidelines for the entire game.

I was a bit upset by this.  But Pete the coach was lovely.  Kept me interested in the game - I was in the huddles and he asked my opinion on a few things.  He also let me run on for the last minute.  So - thank you, Pete.

The game was so tight in the first three quarters.  2 goals each and only a behind difference.  But in the last quarter, with the slight wind advantage, the Tigers stormed out ahead.  3 goals saw it pull ahead.

34 to 13.  But it was close at 3/4 time.



I am so pleased I have done this - but I totally need to be running fit for this.  Work to do on that front.

All smiles at the end

Back to Sally and Andrew's place via zany Zeus (for a quick lunch) and plum picking.  Sally was heading to Kerikeri for her next adventure and she landed safe and sound while we were eating lunch.

After getting plenty of plums and lemons (and eating many!) we headed home.  Mike, Toby and Tessa went out to Newkor for karaoke night.  It seems like it was very successful.  Mike loved the food downstairs.

Toby and his mates went out afterwards and Mike came home.  I think they were all fine.  :-)

And the last full working week ahead of Christmas.  I am working up to Christmas Eve but Mike is off from Friday afternoon.

Take care - have a great week.

Love,

Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment