Sunday, January 3, 2021

Old Slaughterhouse Lodge, a lazy day

I was up early, still too full for breakfast after our bbq feast last night. But Angela got crunchy nut cornflakes in bed.

At last we had a rainy unsettled day, and for Angela and I that meant a lazy day in the lodge reading their books. Allyson and Janine headed north to Karamea for a walk. The promised terrible forecast actually turned into an okay day, so they had a good time. 

One of the owners' black cats took a liking to me and went to sleep on my lap. For four hours. I was pinned! 

At 4pm I decided I shouldn't be completely slothful so went for a run. It was high tide so the shingly rocky beach that was left wasn't ideal so I ran on the road. 

Dinner was on the bbq again and equally over-catered and yummy. We watched the sunset and sat out on the deck chatting til bedtime.

Mike is pinned

Then Angela is pinned

Shingly beach. Angela chilling while Mike runs on the road

Last sunset from the deck with the bbq


No comments:

Post a Comment