Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Monday with dragon boat training

 Hi,

I have no idea what snarled up Wellington traffic through the quays Monday evening - but what a pain for me.  I was driving in to swap with Mike (he would take the car home from work and I would go to dragon boat training) and at the railway station I just hit stationary traffic.  It was banked up through the quays, just crawling along.

Anyway, I was a bit late to the training session at work - but it was a refresher for me (video clips of paddling technique).  Then we collected our paddles from work and headed to the lagoon.  Jacob was our sweep and coach.  We had a lot of newbies but they did seem to enjoy it.  And what an evening for your first session out on the water!

Flat calm. Sunny.  No wind.  It was the best I have ever seen it.

Mike collected me afterwards and he had already done the grocery shopping and cooking.  I had a shower to wash the salt off me and then we sat outside enjoying the still evening while watching a YouTube video Mike loves.

Off to bed.  But I woke up at 5.30am with a nightmare about some random German Shepherd we were looking after (one of 3), jumping the fence and chasing the neighbour's border collie.  We don't have any dogs and the neighbours have a black lab.  Weird.  Anyway - hello Tuesday.  Here I am.

Sally is off exploring Auckland and Waiheke.  I wish.  Especially with weather like this.  She may decide Waiheke is the best place to retire.  I do love it there.

Anyway - have an awesome Tuesday.

Love,

Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment