Monday, January 11, 2021

The weekend back in Wellington

 Hi,

It's summertime and you know what that means.  Dragon boat time.  Hahah.  My new work has a team - so yay for not missing out on doing that over summer.  We have our first training session after work today.  My cold has almost disappeared so nothing like a freezing hour on the harbour to either kick it to touch or turn it into pneumonia.  Hahah!

My cold meant I was social distancing on Saturday.  Mike and I went out to get the Focus WoF'ed and I stayed outside in the sunshine (and then shade because - burning!).  Car failed due to a wonky left headlight.  The recent service saw that bulb replaced and not aligned properly.  Boo!

While we were out, Toby and Tessa started building his new PC.  From scratch.  I am very impressed because there is no way I would try such a thing.  But they have made steady progress.

Toby and Tessa start building the new PC

It's coming along

Ooohhh - fancy

I think there is something they need to troubleshoot still.  Hopefully it won't take long to sort out today.

Mike and I popped into La Cloche for a coffee and baguette (ok - just me for the food).  Sat outside (you know, social distancing) and enjoyed the break.

Mike and I have La Cloche for a treat.  Okay - I have La Cloche for a treat.

Moxley is like a model cat

So much cuteness

Moxley helps Mike with the gutter clearances

Jan 2021 - height of pohutukawa in our backyard
Mike did some work around the outside of the house. Gutters cleared. Vegetation cleared back. So much more light into our bedroom now.

Saturday night we all watched a movie at home and decided it was a bit pants. Had no reason to be pants (starred Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan) as the two leads are amazing actresses. It also involved fossil hunting at Lyme Regis (where Mike and I have been to visit - and we got a bit cut off by the incoming tide and scaled a huge bank and popped out in someone's back yard where we surprised a couple eating fish n chips. They said hello and then: Oh, we didn't know there was a path to the beach. We said: Er, no, there isn't. Hahahaha!!)

Anyway, Ammonite was a bit rubbish. Unlikeable characters. Not enough fossil hunting. Toby prioritised making a bacon buttie over watching the last 30 mins of the movie. He didn't miss much.

Up Sunday for more poking around the tasks for the house. Mike got lots done. We also went to the park and I played with the footy and he did a PB for 5km. Woot!

Off to the movies to try and see a better movie than the night before. Wonder Woman 1984. With Sally and Andrew. Tessa joined us too. Dinner at Gorilla Burger beforehand.

Movie was marginally better. But pretty average. Long boring bits of plot. I enjoyed the opening sequence of young Diana taking part in a competition with a moral story that threaded through the rest of the movie. Don't cheat to get what you want.

Home to bed and up for work. Woot!

Just another manic Monday iced latte pic

Let's see how dragon boating goes.  Can't wait.

Take care.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment