Friday, January 22, 2021

The Thursday with so much on

 Hi,

What a big, big day.

Got up super early (and Iona was kind enough to also get up to take me to the airport) and bleary-eyed me jumped in the shower to attempt to wake me up a little.  Kinda worked.  Iona took me to Blenheim airport, I checked in and sat in the seats with her. watching the sunrise.

We decided to go out for a better look.  I left my boarding pass on the table.  Didn't realise until much later when we were boarding.  Not there.  I approached the staff calling for boarding, looking worried.  She saw me coming up to her, my face no doubt etched with concern because she waved a green pass at me and said:  I think you dropped this.

Lucky there were only 7 people in the airport on that flight eh?

I was so happy I almost left without giving Iona a goodbye hug.  She just smirked at me, called me back for a hug and left me to my mortification at being a twit.





Flight was a tad bumpy.  The Strait was whipped u.  Not big swells or white caps or anything.  Just - angry looking.  Like underneath was a swirling mass and the surface was containing it all - barely.  We swooped a few times on our approach.

Fun!

Mike collected me from the airport and we headed to work.  I dropped off my stuff and went toi Mojo in the Asteron building to meet Andrew.  Mike went to the gym.

Mojo Asteron

My toe is coming along nicely.  I think I might document the bruising as it already looks pretty cool.  It's also sore - which isn't quite as much fun.  But rather that toe that a useful one like my big toe.  Hahahah.

My toe looks so cool!


Then I was back at work and into my full on day of meetings and planning and whatever else.

Once that long day was done, it was into the dragon boat training session.  5.30pm - 7pm.  I was a bit tuckered out but Dave the instructor was full of praise.  So - we took that.  

Mike met me at work after his run and we drove home.  I tidied the kitchen with Mike and then showered all the saltwater off me and into bed.

Toby got home a little while after we got back and Tessa arrived a bit later still.  The 3 of them are off on a road trip this long weekend.  Woot.

Up early to meet Andrew for brekkie.  We tried the Mojo across from his work.  Yeah, nah.  No decent brekkie food.  Although Andrew enjoyed his muesli.

Looks like summer!


Take care - have an awesome day.  

Happy birthday to Celia today.  

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment