Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The weekend that was long and had hobbits

 Hi,

It was weird to have the house to myself for the long weekend and I see that Mike has blogged about the trip already.  Woot!  Go and read that for some entertainment.

Mike, Toby and Tessa left around 9.30am on Friday.  I had already gone into work via Mojo to meet Andrew.  But the Mojo across the road from his work only does basic food.  I had a scone.

I will push for the brekkie place to be the Mojo in the Asteron building.  But the sun was shining and the Mojo was very close to Andrew's work.

Friday morning iced latte at Mojo on Molesworth

I met Khemry and Davy for a mid morning iced latte and Celia was in there with her family having brekkie.  Her parents were down for Celia's birthday and they were off to see the Van Gogh exhibition.

I see Celia - happy birthday!

I was there to see Khemry and Davy

Home with Ange quite early (she was driving home - house painters and Sapphire needed her attention) and managed to finish my tasks from home.

Saturday I was supposed to get up, go grocery shopping, have a picnic with Celia and her whanau and tidy the house.  Got up super early.  Did a mountain of laundry.  Sorted the shopping list.  Had so much time I could read for a bit.  Got pinned by the cats.  Weather wasn't nice.

I stayed home.

Pinned by the cats.  

Andrew came around Saturday night though - so I was sort of social.  We got Uber Eats (email told me it was my first order!) from Dehlicious.  And we watched a movie that started poorly, but we persevered and it did improve.  Andrew rated it higher than Wonder Woman.  That's not a high bar.

I woke at 4am and got up and put bread on and went back to bed.  yeah - weird.  I blame Mike being gone.

I made bread

Chris came over and helped me start the Suzuki.  Took two pushes from the top of the hill before I got to the garage and said to Chris it wasn't likely to start.  He said to try one more.  And I was astonished that it started.

So we locked up the garage, headed through the back roads at Johnsonville through to Makara beach.

Chris gets me out on the bike

Mini Coffee Bar - really good iced latte

Stopped at The Mini Coffee Bar by the skate bowl in Northland on our way back.  Best iced latte!  Thank you so much, Chris.

Back home to stall with the grocery shopping - again!

Moxley snuggles under the covers

Finally up on Monday for my first gym session with Quentin for 2021.  Boxing!

Then grocery shopping.  Finally.  And had to cut it short because in a surprise, Sue was in town, heading for her ferry crossing.
Fruit and iced latte

Hey there Sue

Monday was stunning

Moxley beans

Just hanging

Mike, Toby and Tessa got back around 5pm and we relaxed over dinner and David came around to collect Tessa.  They both leave in 10 days time.  Bet they are glad they are not in Chc today - 38C forecast.

Mike and I were in bed early.  But  my sleep wasn't great.  On  well.

Up for gym again - deadlifts with Quentin.  Oosshh.  Form over weights.  But it was good.  Knee was fine.

Roads are closed in central Wellington and we're supposed to watch flushes and showers at work.  Home is fine.

Have an awesome day.

Love,

Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment