Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Monday in Mt Maunganui

 Hi,

Sorry - been busy with work.  Travelling to Mt Maunganui for work - but now I know why half of Auckland wants to move here.  Wow - this place is so lovely.  I feel like I am in Australia.

Landing at Tauranga airport Monday morning, I found myself almost face to face with Noeline fresh off her flight after coaching the Silver Ferns to victory in the Constellation Cup.  I texted Karen ASAP and she was so excited - asking me to go for an autograph.  I was way too shy for that so I took pics surreptitiously and sent them to Karen.  Karen asked if the woman with Noeline was Debbie - the assistant coach. I had no clue.  But Karen sent me a pic of her - and I confirmed it was the same woman.  As I waited for Callan to get the rental car, Debbie walked right by me.  So I caught her eye and said "well done" and she tanked me and said it was nerve wracking.

Wow!

Headed to work and stayed there for the day.  Had a tour of the place too.  Superb!

After work, checked into oceanside resort and walked up the maunga with Callan before dinner.

Mt Maunganui - now I know why half of Auckland wants to live here

Selfie on the way up the Mount

Photo bomb!

Without the photo bomber

The view

Slept well and up for brekkie before heading back to work.

Iced latte @ Coffee Club with the maunga behind me

Yep - need to come back here.

Have a good one.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment