Friday, October 8, 2021

The Thursday with aikido and what was I thinking?

 Hi,

Mike and I both worked from home yesterday.  The cats like it when that happens.

Curled in the tightest of tight balls

Sleeping next to us as we work 

The solar panel salesperson came to talk us through installing solar panels.  We got a lot of material and a quote by the end of the day.  $12k (and another $18k for a battery tower).  We will definitely think hard on this.

Artist's impression

After work I headed to Celia's place at 6.30pm to pick her up for a women's course in beginners aikido.  She showed off her bathroom.  I took a picture of her linen cupboard because it is aspirational.

Celia's linen cupboard is amazing


Celia and James are propagating triffids

Celia and I drove to the aikido dojo.  We parked in a street where we could seethe dojo across the park.  Turns out we probably were closer from Celia's house.  Hahahah

The aikido course was such fun.  It's in a dojo in York Park ( behind some houses across the road from Zany Zeus).  There would have been about 20 women, from early 20s to maybe my age.  The woman running it would be 10 years older, maybe.  Not sure.  But it was hilarious and fun.

We learned a few steps and moves and tried some rolls.  Turns out I am really quite hopeless at this.  But I might have finally got the hang of a few things.

Dropped Celia home and popped in for a cup of tea at Sally and Andrew's place.

After aikido cup of tea

When I got home, Mike was staring proudly at the new downlights in the stairwell.  They haven't worked for about 5 years.  They were really bright.

You need sunglasses in our stairwell now

I need to take the carpet up now I can see how yucky it is.  Hahah.

Weekend is coming fast.  Boot camp.  Epuni plastic work.  My eyebrows.  Then Sunday is AFL day.  Woot!

Have a great weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment