Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Wednesday with a fun team building event after work

 Hi,

Well, there is a sentence I didn't think I would utter.  Yes, we had a team building session last night with our internal team and my introvert nature meant I was a bit apprehensive around what on earth they would be making me do. But I will tell you in a bit about it - and how cool it was.

Had a brekkie date with Mike before work.  We bussed in and went to The Lab.  :-)

The Lab brekkie date with Mike

At work I noticed Laura's lunchbox on the desk next to me.  Deconstructed.  Toasted brown bread with avocado, chilli flakes and....  honey!

Laura's unusual lunch

Laura posted a pic in the work channel on her lunch once it was constructed.  It divided the team a bit.  I was happy with all the things - just not together.

Hahahah.

Also got in my haircut.  Thank you Sarah.  :-)  Looking good once more - got my undercut freshly buzzed.  

Popped into Green Man on my way back to work to enjoy lunch with Roanne and Ange.

Thursday morning iced latte and scrambled eggs

After work we went to eat at Where's Charlie on Lambton.  Oh - such nice fresh ingredients.  Mmmm.  Went with Laura, Barb, Callan and Gray.  Great fun.  Wandered back to work for our team building session.

So we had people from Aus and Netherlands - so a really global thing.  Hence the weird time.  It was an online game show run by two Aussie based guys.  And they did a great job.

I really enjoyed myself.  Thank you for organising it.  

And now I am reading about my day yesterday I feel exhausted from all the social contact.  Hahahah.

It was a long but good day.

Hope your Thursday is good.  

Celia and I are looking at cancelling the weekend trip (this was for her birthday in January!) to Mt John.  Covid has been discovered in Christchurch.  Advice is probably:  don't follow the covid!  So I am in the midst of sounding out cancellations and/or credits.

Stupid covid.  Tricky delta.

Sigh.

Have a marvellous day.  Avoid the covid.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment