Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Monday with Burger on a Plate - Master Kong

It's the Wellington on a Plate Burger season and I'm making the most of it. Last night Ana, Daniel, Amy and I headed to Master Kong for their Bang-Coq burger. "Bangkok-style dried chilli glazed fried free range chicken with shredded lettuce and lime gribiche in a Brezelmania brioche bun, with tom yum salted crisps."

My verdict - 7.5/10, good but not great. It was yummy, but I think that 80% of that was the delicious sauce that overwhelmed everything else. I wolfed it down and was a little unsatisfied. Maybe I had high expectations because last year they made my fav burger. 

I liked the flavoursome crisps as a good alternative to a bowl of fries you don't really want.

The 'Monkey Magic' dessert however was quite magnificently presented!

Burger was nice and photogenic though

Flaming dessert

Aside from the food it was great catching up with Amy after her south island adventures. She borrowed the van and it behaved nicely for her, though she didn't like it when it got a bit squirrely on the Mt Hutt road. She was also the consummate professional in her newish job with one of the big three, chipping in whenever we talked about our work problems with, "You know what you need? A consulting company come in and to review your culture. I can help you with that."

Meanwhile Angela is healing up, her hip hurts a bit, her chest hurts a lot and she's popping ibuprofen and going for walks. Get better soon Angela!


No comments:

Post a Comment