Wednesday, August 17, 2022

The Tuesday working from home - and 7 Bar burger from Saturday night

Kia ora all!

Uneventful day for me yesterday. I made the weak decision to miss gym and work from home. So I didn't leave the house once. The cats and I enjoyed our day. 

Moxley has noticed that I've been under-performing with feeding her on time so from about 4pm she was gently reminding me of her presence. By climbing up my chair and 'gently' digging her claws into the top of my head. 

She got fed on time (more or less).

Moxley takes her place on my lap
And then gets insistent

Angela is healing up, she got out on the slopes yesterday with the blue-run group. Then dinner out. Fun!

Like a painting

Back on the horse

Affogato for dinner. Must be close enough to an iced latte that a photo is required.

No burger for me yesterday so I should talk about the 7 bar and eatery's "Fire starter" burger from Saturday night. I stayed with Ana and Daniel out in Upper Hutt to get a good start to our Tukino daytrip so we went to a local pub. It was great. I'd forgotten how good a real suburban pub can be, with a quite different crowd of families and friends, much more chill and relaxed than the buzz of a city bar.

And the burger was great. Really great. Centred around a juicy slab of chicken, grilled to melt-in-your-mouth perfection. Matched with interesting and complementary flavours and a delicious bun. Just nicely balanced and presented. 9/10 and the benchmark for me.

Yum
If I'm out in Upper Hutt I'll go back to this place for sure.

It's burgers at Wolf restaurant tonight. I'll report back tomorrow.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment